Doorway Data Sheet
BMS software for everyone !
- For Trend Control Systems Ltd including IQ3 controllers, SeaChange controllers and LonWorks® compatible products.
- Runs on Windows® 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP.
- Full feature Client-Server operation of the BMS across Intranet using Doorway IT Gateway.
- Show controller data positioned on diagrams and pictures in an easy to understand way.
- Easy to operate with mouse with full context sensitive Help.
- May be operated using Keyboard only, for portable PCs without mouse.
- Direct Connect to controller feature allows use of portable PCs in the plantroom.
- Data can be Copied and Pasted into other Windows applications.
- Full range of Windows fonts and colours available, with an Autoscaling resizable display.
- Real time dynamic editing of pages, set parameters in status bar, move items with mouse.
- Use images from other applications with OLE
or Copy and Paste or WMF, BMP, JPG, GIF, or PCX files.
- Unlimited number of pages, each page can have:
- up to 60 Jump-Buttons per page to go to other pictures, or perform system actions.
- up to 120 Data-Points per page for BMS controller data.
- multi state colours and Animated Dynamic Images vary with BMS digital and analog values.
- Text only pages can be built without pictures.
- Built in Generic Text Pages allow immediate use without creating pages or pictures.
- Competitor PIC and UPG formats may be displayed without modification.
- Utility to convert PIC and UPG formats to Microsoft format in seconds.
- Easy adjustment of controller Knobs and Switches, also Hand-Off-Auto facility.
- Lists allow the quick display of BMS Sensors, Inputs, Drivers, Knobs, Switches, Alarm arrays, Plot channels, Functions, Logics, Loops, Sequence table, Critical Alarms and IC communications.
- Up to eight traces in various styles including 3-dimensional and statistics.
- Graphs may be printed in full colour to supported printers.
- Competitor TGD plotting files may be used.
- Real time eight trace Charting of most BMS parameters.
- All received alarms are Archived:
- Monthly Alarm Archive - optional printing feature, only prints when desired.
- Multi-media sound support for incoming alarm signal, requires sound card.
- 99 channel Alarm Retransmission with text substitution, event driven actions and audit trail features.
- Automatic page and graph Snapshots archived in Microsoft Access database format.
- Digital input Counter Rollover feature resolves controller counter overflow problem.
- Full program Security:
- Up to 40 named users, each with their own password.
- Each user has their own access level, controller PIN and adjustable password time-out.
- Synchronise all Clocks on BMS network to the PC clock.
- Time Zones can be viewed, changed and archived to disk. Time Zone Calendar programmable to year 2099.
- Support for industry standard V92 modems and proprietary TMN-MNC modems.
- Engineering configuring controllers:
- Including Upload/Download of IQF-IQ2 data files. Print, Copy & Paste configuration data.
- Text communications feature. Create system address MAP, including over modems.
- Create Electrical Connection Map.
- BMS Chat allows messaging with other users over the IT and BMS networks.
- DDE for data exchange with other applications, e.g. Microsoft Excel®.
- 1 Year Event Calendar for automating actions including time zone download.
- Innovative Audit Trail feature logs BMS controller changes sent from the PC.
- Optional Doorway LNS Add-In for use with LonWorks® devices, call for current pricing.
Doorway has been in commercial use since May 1993, with more than 8000 software licences sold.
Doorway Hardware Requirements
For a single controller:
A suitable RS232 cable from PC to controller.
For multiple controllers with BMS network:
A Communications Node Controller (CNC) or equivalent on BMS network.
Suggested PC purchase specification (UK price less than £300 in Jan 2012)
with suitable RS232 cable from PC to node.
Or an Ethernet connection from PC to Ethernet BMS node.
Intel Core i3 processor at 2.0 GHz or higher.
Microsoft Windows 10.
4+ GB of RAM and 100+ GB hard disk drive.
USB and Ethernet ports for communications.
16 million colour (32 bit TrueColor) graphics card.
17 inch LCD 1280*1024 pixel colour monitor or larger.
Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP.
IT Network Fileservers
To simplify system management one or more single user copies of Doorway may be installed on a file server, with
shared graphics. Pages usually load as fast from a fileserver as from a local hard drive. With many users the
Doorway Server Licence allows up to 25 users from one software and licence installation.
Ethernet IT Networking with TCP/IP protocols
The Doorway IT Gateway enhances the return on capital investment in BMS and IT
Network E-mail and Group working services. IT Gateways run on PC's with
BMS hardware connections. This can allow access from Doorway on PC's anywhere on the IT
Network. There can be several simultaneous users per BMS connection, each user
receiving their own data from the BMS in the normal way. Data throughput limitations in
the BMS hardware means a sensible limit is six simultaneous users. The industry
standard TCP/IP communications protocol is required.
Doorway automatically responds to user changes in screen resolution. With a suitable monitor Doorway
can take advantage of screen resolutions from 640*480, 800*600, 1024*768, 1280*1024, 1600*1200, 1920*1200 etc.
Doorway's global Edit-Change Scaling feature even allows font control to suit personal taste
when changing monitor size.
Doorway can show the full Windows 16 million colours (24 bit TrueColor) with suitable graphics hardware, which can give
superb results, and is particularly effective with photographs.
Note: Some features described above may not be applicable to all third party products.
Available from your regular BMS specialist or directly from:
Telephone: +44 (0)7973-223643
Doorway Systems is based in the UK.